number, click the Search button near the top right of the screen to go to the search screen. You can search on any word or phrase that describes the product you are looking for.
Searching - To search for a specific product or model
Use the categories at the top of the screen to browse through the on-line catalog.
Placing orders online is a simple, two-step process over the Web. We're available by phone at 781-916-9012 to help at anytime.
1. Add items to your shopping cart by simply clicking on the add to cart or buy now buttons, which are on the product pages. The add to cart button allows you to continue shopping. The buy now button takes you right to check out. If you have not logged in or do not yet have an account, you will be asked to either log in or create an account. Alternatively, you may place an order without an account.
2. Check out by clicking on the View Cart & Checkout link on the right side of the page at
the minicart. You will be asked where to ship your order. This can be to your own address, an address from your address book or a new address. Note that you may save multiple shipping addresses with your account for future use. As you continue, you will be asked to specify a shipping preference and method of payment
Payment Methods - Massachusetts Bay Trading Company currently accepts Master Card, Visa, Discover, and American Express. You may also use Google Checkout. If you prefer to pay by check, call us or send us an email and we will arrange it. Orders are accepted from most countries worldwide. Your credit card information is transmitted securely, as evidenced by the lock icon that appears on your browser during check-out, and also by the https address of the check-out pages.
Order by Phone
To order by phone you may call 1-781-916-9012, 24 hours every day. Friendly, helpful associates offer fast, personal service, gift ideas, in-stock status and more. If we are not immediately available when you call, we promise to return your call promptly.
Order by Fax
You may place your fax order to 1-781-998-0593, 24 hours every day. If you do not have our catalog order form handy, click here for a printable order form.
Order by Mail
Mail your completed order form to Massachusetts Bay Trading Co., 120 Concord Road, Weston, MA 02493. You're welcome to pay by check, money order, or Merchandise Certificate as well as by credit card. If you do not have your catalog order form handy, click here for a printable order form.
Gift Cards - If you would like us to include a complimentary gift card with your shipment, simply fill in the gift message form during your checkout. We never include pricing on our packing slips. If you use Google Checkout, you will need to email your gift message to us. Optional gift wrapping is available on most items.
Gift Registry - Our Online Gift Registry (or wish list) allows you to create a list of products that you or the intended recipient would like to receive as gifts. The registry does two things. It informs people what is desired and it manages the gift buying so there is no duplication. Gift purchases are automatically and instantly removed from the registry. To add products to your gift registry, simply click on the add to gift list button that is on the product pages.
Orders shipped to Massachusetts addresses are charged 6.25% state sales tax.
Note: For an estimate of your shipping costs, put your items in your shopping cart and click the Estimate Shipping Costs link near the top right of this page.
MBTC offers shipping options selectable at check out. The methods range from overnight delivery (required on some food items) to low cost ground delivery. Shipping costs vary depending on weight, distance, and service. The cost ranges from about $5 for local ground shipping to more than $150 for express shipment to Europe. We make our best efforts
to ship items within the time frames indicated with the product. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee these guidelines, especially around the holidays. To determine how soon your order may arrive add our shipment guideline to the shipper's estimated delivery times. These guidelines are measured in business days and do not count weekends and holidays. Special shipping methods in addition to those listed are available upon request. You may email or telephone your request, or specify it in the special instructions area at checkout. We reserve the right to substitute one shipping
method for another in special circumstances.
If you have a special shipping requirement or need us to hold your order for shipment or arrival on a particular date, please specify that information in the Special Handling Requirements space at checkout.
Some food items require overnight shipping during summer months. These items are designated in their product descriptions.
Domestic UPS Shipping -- The following methods are available for shipping by UPS within the domestic US.
- UPS Next Day Air - UPS guarantees delivery by 10:30 a.m., noon, or end of day the next business day depending on destination.
- UPS Next Day Air Saver - UPS guarantees delivery by 3:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. to destinations where UPS Next Day Air delivery is committed by 10:30 a.m. or noon, respectively.
- UPS 2nd Day Air - UPS guarantees on-time delivery to every address throughout the United States and Puerto Rico by the end of the second business day.
- UPS 3 Day Select - UPS guarantees delivery within three business days to every address in the 48 contiguous states.
- UPS Ground - For addresses within the 48 contiguous states, UPS guarantees the day of delivery for ground packages you ship. For guaranteed day-definite delivery schedules, please use the Transit Times. Note that UPS ground will deliver packages within Massachusetts in one
day. Shipments outside of New England vary from 2-6 business days. See UPS.com for details and restrictions on their delivery guarantees.
Domestic US Postal Service (See USPS site for details on available services.) Unlike UPS, the US Postal Service does not guarantee delivery times.
- Express Mail - Next day delivery by noon or by 3:00 pm to many destinations.
- Priority Mail - Delivery in an average of 2 to 3 days to every address in the United States - including PO Boxes and military addresses.
- Parcel Post - when lowest cost is necessary.
Note that local customs, duties and taxes are not prepaid. There may be customs and taxes due and payable by the recipient. International
shipments may be held for inspection by the customs office at the destination country. If your international delivery is overdue, please check with your local customs office.
(See USPS site for details on available USPS international shipping services.)
- US Postal Service Express Mail International - delivery in 3-5 days.
- US Postal Service Priority Mail® International - delivery in 6-10 days.
- UPS Worldwide Express - Guaranteed* delivery in one or two days, depending on the destination.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - Most shipments to major destinations in Europe and Asia are delivered within four or five business days.
Tracking your shipments - You may track your shipment through the Order Status link on our Web pages. You may also track your UPS or Fedex shipment through the MBTC tracking page. Simply enter the tracking number that was emailed to you into the window available on the Track Your Order screen. Or enter your order information at our order status screen.
Merchandise returns are normally accepted within 14 days of purchase. Please call or contact us by email or letter for a return authorization. Returns should be sent by UPS or insured mail for your protection. Once the authorized return item has been received in its original condition, we will refund your credit card. We’re sorry, but shipping and handling fees are not refundable. Custom items may be returned only in special circumstances and will incur a restocking charge. Examples of custom items include our tide clocks and other products with personalization options. Made-to-order items such as rugs will incur a 20% restocking fee. Food items cannot be returned.
If you return a product that was offered with free shipping, our actual outbound shipping costs will be deducted from your return refund. Please keep in mind that once an order has shipped, it cannot be cancelled. If you refuse an order, it will then fall under our standard return policy, where roundtrip shipping costs will be deducted from your refund
Orders for single quantity individual products other than food or custom items may generally be canceled at any time prior to shipment. Orders for food, custom items, and large quantities (generally greater than five) of all other products may not be canceled within 14 days of shipping. Under certain circumstances, a 20% restocking charge may be assessed on canceled orders to defray restocking and special handling costs.
More Site Features
Address Book - MBTC offers customers a convenient way to save Ship-To addresses in a private and secure address book. When you have set up an MBTC account, the address book will appear at the bottom of the account screen.
Reminder Service - MBTC offers a private reminder service to help you remember important dates and anniversaries. Simply sign in and enter important dates and events into the calendar and we will automatically remind you when the date approaches. Access to the reminder service is through clicking the Reminder Service tab that appears on the lower left side of the screen after you have logged in.
Newsletter sign up - You may sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay informed ot store specials, important Massachusetts events and changes to our store. Simply enter your email address on our sign up form. It is just as simple to remove your name, should you decide to end your subscription.