Candies was started on June 20, 1917, in Fitchburg, Massachusetts,
when Frederick Everett Hebert purchased a table, knife,
thermometer, copper kettle, stove, and marble slab for eleven
dollars. On the original bill of sale is a prized possession
of the Hebert family today.
For many years, Mr. Hebert manufactured his candies and
sold them through small neighborhood stores throughout the
Worcester, Massachusetts area. After World War II, in 1946,
Mr. Hebert purchased the Tudor stone mansion on Route 20
in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. This "Candy Mansion"
became the home of Hebert Candies and "America's First
Roadside Candy Store". Hebert's Candies is also the
originator of white chocolate in the United States.
For four generations, the Hebert family has taken great
pride in creating, manufacturing, and selling quality candy
under the family name. Many of the same proven candy recipes
developed by the original Mr. Frederick Everett Hebert are
still used today. Only the finest ingredients and high grade
raw materials are used to manufacture Hebert Candies.